The International® A26 Big Bore Engine.
BUILT FOR UPTIME AND BACKED BY A BEST-IN-CLASS WARRANTY.
The International® A26 Engine is engineered with proven components that deliver optimal uptime and fuel efficiency in a lightweight design. This big bore engine has been relentlessly tested with hundreds of thousands of hours of dyno testing and millions of real-world test miles.
The A26 produces up to 475 HP and 1750 lb.-ft. of torque, yet is 600-700 lbs. lighter than traditional big-bore engines. At 2,299 lbs, it is the lightest engine in its class.
It features North America’s first Class 7-8 Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) crankcase design for greater strength, plus an all-new cylinder head and other refinements for up to a 5% fuel economy improvement over the engine it replaces.
Engine braking power is increased by up to 67% for confident braking performance, particularly at low- to mid-RPMs and at higher altitudes.
- International® LT® Series
- International® RH™ Series
- International® HV™ Series
- International® HX® Series
Enginered With Efficient Muscle And Ready To Set A New Standard In Uptime.EVERY COMPONENT IS ENGINEERED TO MAXIMIZE UPTIME:
- Larger piston pin, connecting rod and bushing deliver optimal load distribution for greater durability
- Assembled camshaft features tool grade steel lobes for unsurpassed durability
- Foamed wiring harnesses provide ease of service and chafe protection
- Aluminum castings, stainless steel tubes, composite valve covers, and optional stainless steel oil pans provide long lasting corrosion protection
- All high temperature fasteners include a permanent coating to prevent seizing, including fasteners for the exhaust manifolds, heat shields, and turbocharger
- Variable Geometry Turbocharger efficiently delivers boost air pressure across a wide range of engine speeds, loads and elevation
- 2500 bar High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel system produces maximum fuel injection pressure to reduce emissions and fuel consumption
- Down speed calibration ratings reduce friction and parasitic losses
- Class-leading lightweight design includes compacted graphite iron crankcase, shot peened aluminum flywheel housing, composite valve covers, and a hollow camshaft to reduce weight while maximizing payload capacity
- Low fuel consumption at idle of 0.5 gallon of fuel per hour minimizes idling expense
- Variable Geometry Turbocharger boosts engine braking power by up to 67% for confident braking performance, particularly at low- to mid-RPMs and at higher altitudes
- High-flow hand primer pump is relocated to allow quick and easy access
- Sculpted crankcase and oil pan reduce noise and absorb vibration
- HPCR fuel system delivers multiple injection events for smooth and extremely quiet operation