Primary Responsibilities: The Service Department is an integral and vital part of the dealership, and the manner in which it builds open, honest, trusting relationships with customers and other departments is essential to the dealership’s success. The Service Manager takes the lead role in managing an efficient and profitable Service Department through productive staffing, customer retention, technician training and quality workmanship while improving productivity and reducing costs in order to meet objectives. This position is crucial to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by performing duties in accordance with current vendor practices and our company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Service Department growth and profitability.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with all International and vendor policies and warranty procedures.
- Reviewing and signing off on all Service Department outside purchases charged to the Service Department or a customer repair order.
- Reviewing warranty performance statements on ISIS monthly.
- Reviewing warranty charge backs with Warranty Administrator weekly.
- Reviewing the over 60 days warranty debits weekly to ensure payment.
- Reviewing open repair orders over 30 days to insure closure and payment.
- Reviewing C.O.D. repair orders to ensure the vehicle and keys are on premises.
- Attending International’s Parts and Service Managers annual meeting.
- Maintaining high quality service repairs to minimize comebacks.
- Ensuring that all work is fairly and equally assigned.
- Investigating the progress of vehicle completion by conducting periodic spot checks of all jobs throughout the day to ensure timely repairs, quality workmanship and cleanliness.
- Keeping abreast of all warranty policies and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
- Providing current manufacturers’ vendor training courses for technicians and service staff.
- Reviewing random completed repair orders, noting technician comments, technician sign off, repair completion and road test completion.
- Understanding and keeping abreast of all federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment in all service areas.
- Ensuring that current and required tools are purchased as necessary.
- Holding staff and technician meetings as needed.
- Explaining completed work and charges to the customer if required.
- Interviewing potential Service Department employees
- Ensuring the service staff members are performing their duties as outlined in the appropriate job descriptions.
- Responsible for online training assignments for all techs
- Seeking out and securing new service business
- Review progress of all mechanics yearly based on minimum standards of performance and online classes/certifications completed
Hiring Manager: Rob Manley
Position: Full Time
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA